101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

62. November 2nd, 2010 Picture.

I meant to take a photo of my polling place, which after 3 years at the same location, changed this year.  I used to vote at the Curley Rec Center in Southie, otherwise known as the L Street Bath House, but with my ‘recent’ move to the West Side, my polling place changed to the Condon School. 

I was nervous about a new polling place to be honest.  The bath house had been good to me, I’d bumped into many important people casting their vote and been bombarded with news crews at the ungodly hour of 7am while I was still in my PJs with pillow creases on my face.  I’d seen past Boston Mayor Ray Flynn voting in the Presidential election in 2008, and Michael Flaherty casting his ballot on the news when he was running for Mayor in 2009.   I was comfortable at L Street.  I knew where to park, where to check in, and where to check out.  Without fail, every time I’d say Deveau, the girl behind the table would ask ‘Are you related to Ken Deveau, from over on Sixth?’  Not that I know of, I’d say and then be on my way. 

But now, the Condon school was a different story.  I’d never been there before, only driven by it, so I was slightly anxious to go vote.  I didn’t know where to park, I didn’t know where the front door was, and once inside, realizing that 3 different precincts all voted in the same place, I had no idea what ward or precinct I lived in.  So, with all that hoopla taking place, I completely forgot to take a picture once I was there.  Also, taking a picture inside the polls might be illegal.  I am going to have to check on that.


So instead I present to you a photo of the Boston seal that was on my new voter registration letter.  At least it’s keeping the theme consistent! 

1 comment:

  1. You are so good! I have lived in Attleboro for a year and a half and I am still registered in Stoughton...Such a conscious voter!

    ReplyDelete