101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, February 10, 2011

62. October 29th, 2010 Picture.

Saturday was the wedding of Ratty’s college friend Leann and her soon to be husband Bill.  It was taking place in Connecticut and we were packing up and heading to the Avon Old Farms Inn for the weekend.  We left right after work on Friday and made it to Connecticut in pretty good time, rolling in around 7:30pm.  We hit a little traffic getting out of the city, but once we got on the Mass Pike it was smooth sailing.

We got to the hotel and checked in, with about 2 seconds to freshen up before meeting some friends for dinner.  The room was SO nice, especially the canopy bed, which I obviously had to take a picture of.  Ratty then informed me that he spent a little extra to upgrade to a nicer room, totally worth it.  That bed was unbelievable, the pillows were potentially the best pillows ever, topped with mounds of cozy blankets, crisp linens and the thickest down comforter that bordered between heaven and hell.  Literally, you could go from peacefully content to sweating in 2 seconds flat.   At one point over the weekend, I was surrounded by so much fluffy goodness that I couldn’t tell if Ratty was in the bed until I reached out and slapped, what I thought, was a mountain of pillows.  It wasn’t, it was his head.  Whoopsie daisy.



1 comment: