101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, February 7, 2011

Number 57. Read 101 Books

I like to keep track of books I read through a website called Good Reads, where you can read reviews, hear about the newest releases and chat with authors (although I've never done that last one).  I list books to my account and categorize as 'to read', 'currently reading' and 'read', and can even document how far into each book I am on any given day.  For the girl who knows her local librarian by name, her name is Francis Frances so it's impossible NOT to know her, this website is a great find.  

Up until recently, I thought I could have only one bookshelf, Good Reads name for all the books I've listed.  Turns out, I can have many bookshelves and just created one for my 101 list!  I've added the books that I've read since I started my blog, and added the widget under my list of goals.  And by widget, I mean an icon that shows the covers of the books I've read, just scroll down and take a look.  If I'm going to read 101 books in the next 2 years, I need to get back to reading a lot more.  I used to be at the library once a week, checking out stacks of books at a time.  I can sit down and read an entire book in a night, but I've felt slightly overwhelmed lately.  I really want to catch up on my daily photos and I feel like any free moment I have, I should be writing, not reading.  That isn't going to benefit anyone because what good is a blog if I don't work on my goals?  I am going to consciously work on finding a balance where I can devote my free time to lots of different things, not just 'Ghost Whisperer' reruns and blogging.  I am going to kick my reading in high gear, although it is MUCH easier to read when laying on nice warm sand, sitting in the hot sun and listening to waves crashing.  But honestly what isn't better at the beach?  I can't really think of anything.  What was I talking about?  Oh right, reading.  I am going to read more.  Promise.

4 comments:

  1. I love good reads. I've just been sharing the ones I have read but I definitely want to start filling up my 'To Read' shelf cause I feel I keep losing out on books I hear about and try to mental note. My mental notes seem to disappear all the more frequently now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're kicking this lists butt big x 3! IDK if I could even think of 1001 things to do haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new icon!! You can do iiiiiit (read and blog, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tend to write books I want to read in my planner, on random scraps of paper, sometimes my hand, so I definitely need to start using the 'to read' feature a lot more too!

    Thanks Kel! I have so many blogs that I've written that are just waiting to be published and lots in my head waiting to be written - I'll get it all on here sooner or later!

    Thanks Shelby!

    ReplyDelete