101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

62. February 15th, 2011 Picture.

Tuesday night Ratty invited me to a Stuff at Night party at Bond, yawn.  No seriously, sometimes those events are just rubber stamps of each other.  That doesn't mean I won't continue to go to them and drink the free drinks, definitely not because that'd be crazy!  Bond is a bar in the Langham Hotel that I had actually yet to visit.  Gasp! A bar in Boston Amy hasn't been to?!  Does such a place exist?!  Yes, rarely, they do.  Ratty and I had tried to go right when it first opened, about 2 years ago, but the line was so long we eventually gave up.  I like going to new bars, but I do not love being crammed in them.  


I got to the party so I went upstairs to peek at the space before getting in line, which I found really pretty with crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and marble floors - you can definitely tell that the Langham is historic hotel, all the details are amazing.  The bar was already packed and I was utterly confused - there had to be a private room for the party, right?  Usually bars close down exclusively for Stuff at Night parties, so I was completely thrown that all the tables and bar stools were taken up by people not attending the party, who actually had NO idea that a bustling crowd of 20 somethings was about to bust into the place.  By the time all the guests were allowed upstairs the place was literally busting at the seams.  There were people at business dinners, couples out for romantical drinks, and here comes a nightlife magazine party with a house DJ.  I felt very uncomfortable, as I'm sure others did too.  I overheard the manager of the bar complain that they should have closed early, to make space for the party, but the owners wouldn't let them.  Sounds like poor planning to me, and as a former event planner, I'm breaking out in hives.

Ratty and I stuck around for a little bit, mainly until the sponsored drinks ran out and then we headed to another spot to grab a bite to eat.  This sounds like the most lackluster review of a party, huh?  I just didn't think it was that great or well planned.  I have a hard time attending mismanaged events because I'm constantly trying to fix them.  Heck, at a friends wedding I trumped the on-site coordinator and started the father/daughter dance because he just was naht cutting it.  Seriously, just another reason I should be in charge of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment