101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

62. February 23rd, 2011 Picture.

My roommate had been talking about getting a dog since the day I moved in.  She'd put it on hold since our other roommate had a cat, but once the roommate with the cat moved out, the dog was back in the picture.  She'd talked to lots of breeders, since she wanted a very specific type of dog, and went through countless ups and downs before finally bringing home Brooks.  He is a mastif, meaning he will eventually be about 200 pounds.  That's me plus a small child, um I mean very large child.  Now, I know what you're thinking, this sounds absolutely insane, and you know what I have to say about that?  You're kinda right. While I'd never tell my roommate not to get the dog she really wanted, I did throw out the idea of going to a shelter and adopting an adorable dog who really needed a home  She eventually opted to go for the mastif, and I totally get it, though when I decide to bring home a little puppy, I'm road tripping to a kill shelter in Texas.


Brooks is pretty cute though.  I mean, just look at his droopy eyes!  He won't be this teeny for long, I'm pretty sure I can physically watch him grow right before me.  I go to bed at night and he is one size and when I wake up I swear he has gotten bigger!  Better enjoy the puppy phase while we can!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! He's going to be a big boy! I can't even imagine how big he must be now!

    ReplyDelete