101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

62. March 5th, 2011 Picture.

I was heading off to a party at my brother's house and I stopped in at the liquor store around the corner from my apartment to buy a few yummy beers to bring.  I was hoping to grab a few bottles of Cisco's Grey Lady (my all time favorite!) but when I got to the case, it turns out they were all out.  That didn't stop one of the employees from absolutely scouring for some.  He swore he'd just seen a box of it and started climbing all over the boxes and standing on shelves.  As you can see, he was naht giving up!


No matter how many times I told him I was okay, that I'd just buy something else, he was absolutely insistent that he wanted to find it.  Eventually he didn't even care if I wanted it or not, he was determined to find it based on pride alone.  I stood there awkwardly for 10-15 minutes while he searched before I actually begged him to stop.  I don't doubt that there was some in the store, but I felt downright foolish to have him looking for it for so long.  I bought a few different kinds of beer and headed out.  I didn't have any Grey Lady but I had a funny story with pictures to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment