Happy Birthday [er, though somewhat 'belated'] to my Mom! Happy Birthday Steph!
I had gone home that night to spend the evening with her and I answered the door when she got flowers delivered from my sister Kate. It actually looked as if a cake was being delivered, but the tag said it was from a florist. I handed it to my mom and I watched her open it up, and SURPRISE it was a faux cake made of flowers. My mom almost died. She loved it! She thought it was so different and so pretty, she called my sister Kate immediately and gushed about how she wanted to keep it forever and that she never wanted it to die. I guess I am not the only one who immediately jumps to the aftermath and starts to dread it - I must get it from her!
Then, because she loved it and needed to have it look absolutely perfect, we had a photo shoot.
{Close up of the actual cake.}
{Cake with all my mom's birthday cards.}
{Then a shot of the cake, on location, on the hutch in the dining room.}
With this gift, Kate might have temporarily tied me in the 'favorite daughter' competition, but I only say might because my mother would never dream of confirming this. I do know, however, that I'm totally the favorite.









Thanks for the photo shoot Amy! That was really a spectacular cake/flower arrangement wasn't it?? Something like I've never seen before! Now I can admire it on your blog!! Thank You!!!
ReplyDeleteThere's no competition here between my daughters - you're both absolutely wonderful and bring so much joy to my life!