101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

62. April 13th, 2011 Picture.

I had been working on a slightly labor intensive project for work, scheduling lots of meetings for lots of people, when my boss brought in 2 homemade cupcakes for me as a thank you.  She is a really fantastic baker, and is always bringing in cookies or samples for us to try, so I knew these cupcakes were going to be delicious.  She told me it was a brand new recipe that her niece had found, from the TV show 'DC Cupcakes' and she was testing it out for the first time.  I was given specific instructions to be very honest on my thoughts since she would be baking them with her niece for Easter.  I told her that I would savor them and pretend that I was a judge on 'Top Chef', which is the best show ever, in the reality/competition category.  Both her and I have talked about 'Top Chef' at length, she had never seen it, to which I immediately gasped and told her that she must watch it and that she would need to watch it with a snack.  That was the only rule: must watch with snack.




Honestly, these cupcakes were SO good, so so so good.  I loved them, and I told her as much.  I had even eaten one the night before as my official 'Top Chef' snack - quite the honor.  My only mild critique was that they could potentially use more frosting.  I am a fanatical frosting lover, so while I said that my tastes might be different than most, I could have used a higher frosting to cupcake ratio.  She laughed, saying that she actually cut the recipe for the frosting in half, because she thought it was way too much.  Maybe I am cut out to be a judge on 'Top Chef' huh?

1 comment:

  1. Those sound and look yummy! What a good prize for doing good work!

    ReplyDelete