101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

62. April 24th, 2011 Picture.


We went to my sister Kate's house for Easter dinner and she kept up with one of my most favoritest traditions ever!  Long before our family was the size of a small town in middle America, we actually used to sit at the dining room table for Thanksgiving and Christmas, along with almost every other family party.  My mom use to put a scratch ticket under all of our plates, I'm assuming in hopes that one of us would strike it rich and share with everyone.  We haven't done this in a few years so I was so happy to see Kate carrying it on.

Another tradition that I loved was that my mom would give each of us an ornament on Christmas.  Now that there are so many of us, that tradition has faded too, but every year I swear I'm going to be the one to bring it back.  Maybe this year's the year!

2 comments:

  1. How did I manage to let those traditions get away? I think it's time to bring them back! After all, it's not a tradition unless it's carried on.

    Perfect timing Amy - it gives me a few months to get the ball rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these traditions! Yuri and I give ornaments to one another each year! Great tradition!

    ReplyDelete