101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

62. April 16th, 2011 Picture.

Saturday night Ratty and I headed to Kev & Bianca's house for a little dinner party for Kev's birthday.  Chad and Christine came down from New Hampshire, sans baby Emily, Billie and Brad and Jill and Pete came too.  We were ready for a night filled with lots of food and drink, since Kev is a beer AND food connoisseur.  No seriously, he knows everything to know about beers and even bought a whole sampling of craft beers for us to do our own taste test.  It started off with everyone ranking them and tallying up the totals, but  then it just turned into everyone drinking and discussing whether they liked it or not.  Then it turned into everyone just drinking.

Kevin and Bianca put on a huge spread, with multiple lasagnas [the alfredo one being my absolute favorite], along with appetizers, drinks, champagne cocktails [supplied by yours truly] and the most amazing coconut milk soup I've ever had.  It was seriously to die for.  It was coconut milk, peppers, peas, carrots cooked together, among other things I'm sure, with white rice on the side, allowing you to add as much or as little as you wanted.  I am seriously salivating just thinking about it.  Must.make.soon.  I made it a point to ask Kevin where he got the recipe and he told me just made it up - just like a true foodie should.  Thankfully, he did eventually share what he thought he put in it, which I immediately wrote down and saved.  If I make it soon, expect it on the blog!

Since Kevin is a wiz in the kitchen [and somehow I just sounded like my mom right there] AND obsessed with Top Chef, I mean who isn't?!  Bianca got Kev his own personal Top Chef chef's coat.  Seriously, this thing was sweet!


Photo Shoot!  A la Anthony Bourdain.



Chad, Christine, Billie and Brad were all sleeping over, meaning that the partying went until the wee hours of the morning.  We got hooked into a hard core game of Taboo, guys vs. girls, where I got accused of being a ringer because I was good at giving clues and guessing answers.  My word was 'earthquake' and I said 'Japan had one of these', and you'd seriously think that I made a Hail Mary pass to win the Super Bowl.  The guys were screaming 'WHAT!  THAT'S WAY TOO EASY, COME ON YOU GIRLS ARE CHEATING!'  I'm not even totally sure how one would even begin to cheat at Taboo, but I am pretty sure they were joking.  And if they weren't it was just some friendly beer fueled competitive chatter.

Ratty and I called it a night around 2am when everyone was blowing up their air mattresses.  I was really jealous that they could just lay right down and go to sleep, until I found out that little Miss Elliott woke up at 5am that morning which subsequently woke everyone else up.  Ah, I guess it pays to live close by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun night....and such a win for you that you missed out on the 5 am wake up call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the book Kitchen Confidential (although it may have given me a complex about bread in restaurants - not that it stops me).

    ReplyDelete