One of my coworkers has partial season tickets, which means he gets to go to over 20 or so games a season [I was totally jealous until I realized how much money he must spend on food and beer, so no thank you!]. Inevitably there are dates that he can't make it, in which he offers the tickets up to friends and coworkers, which is a pretty awesome perk for me. I took him up on the offer for 2 tickets on Sunday afternoon, and it turned out to be the PERFECT day for a game!
His seats are pretty great, right up from the bullpen in the bleachers. He prepped me before the game, letting me know about all the other crazy characters that sit around him, like the guy who sits to close, or the group of people who all wear matching shirts. Apparently there is a huge pocket of season ticket holders in this area and they've all being going to games for years. Must be nice!
Birthday twinnnnn!
Obviously we needed to get multiple Fenway Franks, beers AND popcorn. If I had my way there would have been peanuts, ice cream AND probably nachos involved too. Or french fries. Mmmm french fries. ANYWHO, it's impossible not to stock up on Fenway essentials when you're at a game, no matter how expensive it might be. And let me tell you, it's reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll expensive.
Since the Red Sox are absolutely awesome, they won the game! I love these jumbo screens [FYI they're brand new this season], and I love the new RED SOX WIN logo that was displayed through the stadium at the moment the game was over.
We headed over to the baseball tavern for some drinks on their roof deck, hey you gotta soak up the nice weather while you got it! We called it a night on the early side, the marathon was the next day and we had to get up BRIGHT AND EARLY and claim our spot along the route. Wait, let me clarify, I mean a spot at a BAR on the route. The plan was to be seated at Eastern Standard for brunch by 9am - let's see if we make it!








Oooo You've left me wanting more! Sounds like a great game though!
ReplyDelete