Let's start up this weekend recap. I have so many photos to share and so many stories to tell. I'd like to thank Miss Jamie Malone for finding my camera at her apartment today and saving me from a mental breakdown. That would not have been good, for you or for me. But especially for me.
It started off with a bang on Friday when I met my Cousin Sue for after work drinks at Lucky's in the Fort Point neighborhood. I love Lucky's because every time I go there, I feel like I'm 'in the know'. Lucky's doesn't have a sign, just a dimly lit entry way that doesn't even remotely look inviting. After walking down some steps, through a few doors and a hallway, you're inside a Rat Pack, Vegas-y kitch, red lit, lounge-y bar. Now, Sue and I have become slightly notorious for getting sneaky drunk. The last time we went out, poor Sue missed the last train home and had to take a $40 cab ride from Boston to Melrose. Naturally, since we were meeting at 5:30pm, missing the train wasn't even on our radar. Well, boy were we wrong. Once again one martini turned into 5 and then we switched to beers and the wheels came off. I looked at my watch once and it was 10pm, then suddenly it's 12:30pm and Sue is debating whether or not to have her dad drive into the city to pick her up. I unsuccessfully tried to shove 20 bucks in her hand, claiming that 'my mom gave me this $20 and I know she would want you to have it'. I knew that nothing good would be coming from this late night. I had a to-do list a mile long for Saturday morning, and drinking every drink under the sun was not going to make my morning errands easy. I should have known it was going to be a rough but awesome night when Sue just kept saying, 'I'm going to the bathroom, so just order me whatever you're having'. My personal favorite conversation of the night was Sue talking to the bartender, basically asking for her to make us a drink and our only criteria was vodka.
I thought that my picture of the day was getting slightly booze themed, so I tried to shy away from that this time around. Here are me and Sue, about half way through our night.
I plan on blogging the rest tomorrow morning, since it's past my bed time and I am in desperate need of sleep. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go brush my teeth with my bottle of Fiji water.








Oh No you have the water ban...eeeewww NO FUN!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that you were at a bar from 5:30pm until 12:30pm...You are a rock star!
I was on the computer last night as well and I don't know why, because the heat on top of the hot computer did NOT make things better!
Gotta love those kinds of nights!
ReplyDelete