Saturday night was my roommate Jamie’s Annual Christmas Party, which I was really excited for. Jamie used to live with Rachel in Dorchester , but when Rach decided to move in with her boyfriend, Jamie moved in with me. I say that it’s Jamie’s Annual Christmas Party because she is the one who owns it; she spends weeks preparing and days cooking, and puts out the most phenomenal spread year after year. This year I was super excited, there is something to be said about having parties at your apartment that you don’t have to do any work for. This must be what it’s like for rich people, huh?
We’d invited a lot of our friends, and I do believe that this year had her best turnout to date. The apartment was packed with people in festive holiday moods, sipping sparkling cocktails and munching on Jamie’s infamous crabby patties.
{Just a small sampling of the spread!]
{Me, Butchie, Annie, Jamie, Char, Tom and Mark. This might of been around the time I swore off winter and declared no more flash photos until I had a tan.}
{Mark and his totally adorable linebacker boyfriend Tom wearing matching Burberry ties. Yes, they are posing in front of Israel flags that our friend Bill gave Jamie. They make an appearance at her Christmas party ever year. We don't discriminate.}
{All the girls!}
The highlight of the night was the Annual Yankee Swap. Those who wanted to participate brought a $15 gift, and the prizes are famous for being a little over the top. At the very first party, Jamie gave someone a ukulele, which has been regifted year after year. Last year I had the pleasure of receiving said ukulele, and had to store it in my closet all year in order to get rid of it at the next Christmas Party. I put it at the bottom of a gigantic gift bag, topped with a set of adult feetie pajamas – it was a HUGE hit.
{Even though I bought the feetie pajamas for the grab, I secretly wanted to take them back so I could have them. They looked SO cozy!}
{A GIANT Tonka Truck filled with candy! Best idea ever! Butchie totally agrees.}
I got a bottle of wine, which mysteriously disappeared during the party, while one of our friends opted for a giant Tonka truck filled with Hershey’s Chocolates. All the presents changed hands so many times, I have no idea who ended up with what. Every gift is hilarious, so taking something from someone else rarely results in hurt feelings.
{This is where the night gets hazy, and we started a random dance party in my hallway.}
{Which turned into peace sign kissy face posing. See what I'm saying about the flash? No flash 'til Memorial Day! I should make t-shirts.}
{And a lovely picture of Mark and Ratty to close out the night. Very tasteful. Very classy.}
Now that some of our friends have moved out of the city, it is always great to have a reason to get together. This is a long standing party that Jamie has been hosting for years, so it is always guaranteed to bring everyone together!









I LOVE the PJs and truck with candy! Is this party going to continue with another move in the works?
ReplyDeleteFootie pajamas! EPIC! I love these gift swaps. One of my friends insists on buying a Toilet seat and then everyone who doesn't choose it get to spend the rest of the evening drawing on it. Which is great, but then months down the line you're like, now what do I do with this!
ReplyDelete