101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, April 29, 2011

62. December 19th, 2010 Picture.

After being sick for 4 days, I was in desperate need for some human interaction.  I had gone to brunch earlier that day to Bill and Tara’s house, but couldn't totally enjoy myself since I found myself bouncing between overheating and severe chills.  I even commented at one point that I couldn't hear what anyone was talking about because the heartbeat in my ears was too loud.   I had prepped both Bill and Tara that I was totally under the weather, but they both insisted that I come anyway.  I was afraid of infecting cute lil Liam, but all fear was washed away when he was thrown into my arms so Tara could work on brunch.  Kid's gotta build up that immune system somehow, right?  What made it worse was that I had already infected Ratty with my illness and he stayed home, making this the second Dipilato event that Ratty has not attended due to being sick [the count is now up to 3].  It had been an ongoing joke that no matter when Bill and Tara invited us over, even if they gave us 3 months notice, Ratty would inevitably become sick, just in time to bow out of plans.  We've since started placing bets about what the next outbreak might be, with my money on Cholera.

Here is where I might have included a cute photo of the brunch, which was amazing, complete with mimosas [hey, champagne kills germs, right?], quiche, 3 types of pancakes, homemade lattes, waffles and bacon.  I could have also included an adorable photo of their son Liam, who always looks like a little business man, but I didn't take any.  I, Amy Deveau, didn't take any photos!  Obviously, I'm blaming the fever, because this is severely out of character.  You'll see what I mean, as the photo I DID end up taking probably is the worst photo ever.  Honestly.

After brunch, I decided to go over to Ratty’s apartment and watch the Patriots game.  I get depressed when I watch the game alone, but I didn’t have the energy to go out and watch it someplace.  Since we were both already sick, it might have been the most pathetic Pats viewing party ever, but I digress.  It was like the blind leading the blind, or in this case, the sick leading the sick.  We laid on separate couches, with pillows and blankets, drinking lots of fluids, none of which were beer.   I took this picture mainly because I had a momentary lapse in judgement due to my fever, but also because I think Ratty took ‘comfortable’ to a whole new level.  The long sleeved shirt he was wearing had a huge rip in the arms making it look as though he had been stabbed.  No seriously, it did.  I think it might be time to put that baby to rest.  No?


Again, I blame the fever.

2 comments:

  1. OK, First off - 3 types of pancakes?!?! Incredible. And I laughed out loud at that photo. My dad wears t-shirts until they virtually are holding on by threads and regardless of the shirts I buy him for fathers day and christmas, it's always the threadbare ones he choose to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM delicious brunch...and hahaha to that shirt...I think you can help him part with clothing like that when you move in together!

    ReplyDelete