101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, April 11, 2011

62. December 2nd, 2010 Picture.

Townpool is a Groupon type website that offers lots of local deals for Nantucket.  Before our most recent trip, Ratty and I paid close attention to the daily emails (though they have waned in the winter months), looking for great deals we could scoop up.  One of my favorite stores on Nantucket is called ‘Belongings’ and it is a home décor/interior design shop.  It's filled with the most beautiful, eclectic nautical things, which are obviously right up my alley.  The fact that it's on Nantucket means that I would need to take out a mortgage size loan and/or sell my first born to be able to afford all the things I'd like, but that doesn't stop me from looking.  And dreaming.  Each trip to Nantucket, I come home with a little, teeny something from the store, and boy I mean teeny.  I've bought all the varying sizes of pewter starfish, plus little serving spoons for sugar bowls, etc.  I think I've bought every metal cast accessory they sell, so I'm good on pewter for a while. 

I had a Townpool certificate for $50 to Belongings, which I only paid $25 for.   I skimmed all the shelves, looking at all the little goodies she had on display, but nothing jumped out at me.  We even went back the next day, with fresh eyes, hoping to find the perfect trinket to add to my Nantucket Belongings Collection. 

Finally, after much to Ratty’s delight, I settled on this black and white picture of a starfish.  I love stars, so it seemed only right that I buy it.  Granted, I have no free wall space anywhere, but that doesn’t mean I won’t have free wall space someday, am I right?  I am just planning a head, just like 401k’s or investing.  This is an investment.




2 comments:

  1. I love this piece!!! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might have some wall space for this coming up on July 1st!!

    ReplyDelete