One day, out of the blue, facilities showed up and told me they were installing glass on my cube wall, to minimize noise from the printer and fax machine, both of which are directly next to my desk. I hadn't asked for it, and no one I knew requested it, so while it was a mystery, I very happily accepted their offer. Now this makes me feel less guilty when people are standing there printing, I always felt obligated to say hi, since I was staring right at them.
I think the whole reason I got glass put on my cube was at the request of one of the Directors who sits down the hall from me. He was grabbing something off the printer and said ‘Oh hi Amy, how are you?’. So I mean, I did what any normal person does when they hear someone ask them a question, I said I was fine and asked him how he was. He looked at me bewildered and goes ‘oh is your name Amy too?’ He apparently had been talking to someone walking by, not to me. I was wondering how he knew my name in the first place, but I thought that he was just really really friendly! I joked with my co-workers that he probably requested the glass be installed so that he could go to the printer without me harassing him.








Nice addition to your cube Amy! HAHAHAHA ~ I enjoyed your blog - very cute!
ReplyDeleteaahahaha...hate when that happens! Love that you got a bit of a buffer though!
ReplyDelete