101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

62. December 17th, 2010 Picture.

Have I talked about how much I love my job?  I really really do.  I firmly believe that there was a reason I didn’t get another job before this one, no matter how frustrating that process was.  This is exactly what I was hoping for, and I know now that no matter what other job I might have gotten before, I would not have been this happy.  I get along great with everyone I work with, and truly feel like I fit right in with the group.  Everyone is intimidatingly funny, which I made sure to point out right when I started, but that just means that I spend a lot of time laughing hysterically. 

It is really amazing how a great job can affect your outlook on life.  You spend 40+ hours a week at your job, you SHOULD love it.  I see my co-workers more than anyone else, no seriously think about it, so I am really happy that I like them!  I’ve said this before, but I think that it took me having a horrible job to realize just how awesome a good one is.  If I hadn’t hated my last job, I wouldn't appreciate all the little things this one offers, I’d probably take it for granted.  I guess there are some upsides to being jaded!

Anyway, I made it to work on Friday, mainly because of a holiday party that afternoon [priorities people], and during a staff meeting the two directors gave out presents for everyone.  We all got a bottle of wine, but the rest of my gift was a little different since I was new.  I got a card signed by everyone, telling me how happy they were that I came to BCBS and how great I’m doing, PLUS I got 3 little Yankee Candles, Mistletoe, Red Apple Wreath and Christmas Cookie.  My director Janice knew how much I loved Yankee Candle, so she went out an bought me a little holiday sampling.  Isn't that the nicest thing ever?!


It is really amazing how much just a little appreciation can affect my outlook.  I never felt appreciated at my last job, even on my last day, there was no mention of it, no good bye party, not even a legit goodbye, I just took my bag and walked out, skipping all the way home of course.  When people show even the slightest appreciation, it makes you want to work harder and be a great little employee.  I want to make sure that I live up to their expectations and not let them regret hiring me [which is just me being irrational, because this totally wouldn’t happen in real life].  But in all seriousness, I really love my job and the fact that they know and support my Yankee Candle addiction is just icing on the cake!

1 comment:

  1. You have GOT to be kidding me that there was not even a farewell from your last job...that is the rudest/craziest thing I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete