101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, April 23, 2011

62. December 14th, 2010 Picture.

One of the things that I bought on Nantucket this past trip was this A necklace.  I had another Townpool certificate to a boutique called Nalu and it was obviously burning a hole in my pocket the entire trip.  Townpool sometimes hosts contests on their Facebook page, and one time they had a picture of sign, outside a restaurant, store or business and people had to guess where it was.  The picture only had the word ‘the’ in it, to make it much harder to identify.  I actually knew right away that it was the sign at The Ropewalk, and left my answer in the comment section under the picture.  It turns out that I was the first correct answer, meaning I received a voucher for $40 to this cute little shop – for free!  I love contests, but most of all, I love WINNING contests!




Most of the items in the store were cute winter clothes, but I wanted something smaller.  I definitely don't think there would have been enough room in my suitcase to bring a down jacket home.  No, definitely not.  I finally opted for this necklace mainly because it was within my budget, but also because it was totally adorable.  I love necklaces that are on super short chains, falling right at the start of the collar bone.  I loved the double pendant, and also the fact that the A was in typewriter font, my absolute favorite font.  Yes, I have a favorite font, it’s typewriter, followed closely by Georgia.

1 comment: