After stuffing our faces at brunch, we walked around Davis, stopping to grab coffee at Diesel Cafe. This place is your hipsterish, quirky coffee shop smack in the center of Davis, and no matter what time of day you pass by, it's always packed. There are people sitting reading books, typing away on laptops, or just casually sipping coffee with a friend. It was really cold outside, and the coffee bar at the restaurant didn't sufficiently caffeinate me, so a nice latte was definitely in order.
What I really love about small coffee shops, and Diesel especially, is that each latte is made by hand, as oppose to by machine. Starbucks, while awesome, has a machine that just spits out coffee, requiring minimal effort by the barista. At Diesel, they actually grind, pack and press the coffee themselves, topping it off with pure, frothy artwork. How perfect is this leaf pattern? I could barely bring myself to drink it because it was so pretty, but once the photo was snapped though, all bets were off.
I wonder if there are any classes that teach people how to pour the perfect latte. I've seen them on TV, but am not sure if there are any in the Boston area for non-employed baristas, more geared towards recreational coffee enthusiasts. It would definitely be a very cool class to take, and would count towards Number 77. I am going to have to do some research.








RED VELVET PANCAKES?! That sounds FANTASTIC. I can't wait to read the full recap on how delicious they must have been!
ReplyDeleteAGAIN...hungry for something red velvet at this point!!
ReplyDelete