101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

62. December 10th, 2010 Picture.

Friday night was Date Night with my Dearest Erin Rowe.  We hadn't seen each other since the Lady A concert in October, which came on the heels of her engagement.  We were due for a girls night complete with fancy cocktails in order to celebrate correctly.  


Erin had purchased a girls night out certificate to The Liberty Hotel off Rue La La, so we figured it was the perfect night to use it.  It included 2 martinis [one each], plus a bottle of wine for us to split.  We had our choice from a white, red or sparkling, and OBVIOUSLY we opted for the champagne.  I mean, what would a celebration be without a little bubbly?  Erin only works until 1pm on Fridays [yes EVERY Friday], so she met me at my apartment right after work, and we took the T to Alibi.  We wanted to make sure we were there on the early side, so we'd get a nice spot and wouldn't have to wait in line.  Waiting in line in December is the worst.  We zipped there in record time and got the only cocktail table in the place that wasn't reserved - so perfect!  We sat down and went to ordering some fancy schmancy martinis.  We knew we'd be sticking around for a couple of rounds, so we ordered different onces in hopes to sample as many different kinds as possible.




We had the best Date Night ever.  We sipped lots of yummy cocktails, like cosmos, cucumber martinis, margaritas [that's all Erin!], shared a bottle of bubbly, ordered yummy apps and flatbreads and chatted all about Erin's wedding plans.  Though most of her wedding was planned by us before the engagement even happened, it was so great to actually talk about it all 'officially'.  Heck, I'd known what bridesmaid dress I was going to be wearing and what flowers I'd be holding long before Butchie popped the question.  Both Erin and I almost ordered the dresses 4 months before they got engaged, mainly because the dresses were on sale, and I mean, we knew it was coming!  One morning at work I had to literally talk Erin out of opening an Ann Taylor card to get us free shipping.  Crazy planning aside, our date was long overdue and we gabbed for hours, I mean hours, before we even came up for air.  We decided to close our tab at Alibi, because even though we had a fab deal, we were still splurging on martinis and champagne cocktails, and well, when you're chatting, you can really lose track!  We ended up meeting a few friends at a bar down the street and continued our Date Night as a much more reasonably priced establishment.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fabulous again and I can't believe you two had gone that long without seeing each other! You guys always find good deal on Rue la la...I don't think I even know what it is!

    ReplyDelete