101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, April 22, 2011

62. December 12th, 2010 Picture.

I took a picture of my London shower curtain because I love it; no real other reason besides the fact that it's pretty and I like looking at it.  When I first moved into my apartment, I knew that my bathroom was black and white, so I debated how to decorate it.  My duvet, the awesome green damask one that pops up in the background in a lot of my pictures, had been from Urban Outfitters, so that was the first place I checked.  I like things that are a little bit different, so places like Urban and my fave, Anthropologie, are right up my alley.  I skimmed the shower curtains they carried, but none really struck my eye.  My brother and sister-in-law have a clear one that has lots of pockets on it, where they’ve displayed pictures, postcards, artwork and other random pictures, so I was looking for something like that.  While glancing at the sale items, I saw this one and KNEW I had to have it.  I love London, I’ve been there twice and it is one of the best cities I’ve ever been to, Boston included.  I think my obsession has waned a little over the years, maybe focusing more on Nantucket, which is readily more accessible and slightly [key word slightly] cheaper.  London still holds a very special place in my heart, and I definitely intend on going back.



As if a shower curtain weren't enough, I also have black and white print of Big Ben and Parliament hanging on the wall.  I love a good theme!

1 comment: