101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, January 24, 2011

62. October 14th, 2010 Picture.

This was the first day that I got to see Miss Erin Rowe after becoming engaged.  It was also the night that her, our friend Jen and myself went to see Lady Antebellum.  I LOVE Lady A.  When I heard that they were going to be playing at the Agganis Arena at BU, I knew I needed to get tickets.  Jen, Erin and I have been to a few country concerts together, Carrie Underwood is one that comes to mind, so as soon as I heard about it I asked if they wanted in.  Obviously they did - who wouldn't want to see Lady A in concert?!

We made plans to meet right after work at Sunset Cantina, which is a fun Mexican restaurant right across the street from the arena.  Now that I was working right down the street, I got to the restaurant a few minutes before 5pm.  On my way over I got a call from Jen telling me that she had gotten off the train about 5 stops earlier because it was moving so slowly and had gotten turned around in Kenmore Square and wasn't exactly sure which way to go.  I picked her up and we headed off to Sunset to meet Erin.

We got a spot right in front of the restaurant, with the meter turning off at 6pm, SO PERFECT, and headed inside to grab a table.  Since Sunset is right across the street from the concert, it get's pretty busy, so we put our name on the wait list and grabbed a beer at the bar.  Once Erin arrived we hugged and cheered and toasted to her engagement and started inquiring about all the planning details.  That conversation pretty much lasted through dinner and until we got to the concert, typical girls.

Agganis is a small arena, about 2,000 seats, so there is no way you could have a bad view of the stage.  We got to our seats just a few minutes before David Nail came on to open.  He was great, although I am sure that no one really knew who he was until he finished his set with 'Red Light'.  After he finished Jen and I ran to the bathroom, where we bumped into him walking through the hallway.  He was being escorted by a police officer, but absolutely no one had any clue who he was.  Since he was right next to me, I told him how great his set was.  He didn't break his stride but very graciously thanked me.  We rushed back to our seats and told Erin who we bumped into in the hallway, and she was bitter, I'll say it.  She should have come with us!

Once Lady A came on, I was in heaven.  They were amazing.  I have been to a lot of concerts in my lifetime, LOTS, and I have seen some great ones and some not so great ones.  This was one of the best.  They sang every song off both of their albums and just knocked the whole thing out of the park.  They talked to the crowd, interacted with each other and even sang a few covers.  I know that Charles Kelley is married, but if I didn't know better, I'd say that him and Hilary were totally in love.  They had such chemistry on stage that it was electrifying and it was impossible not to notice.  We even joked that someday, when it comes out that they have been together all along, all anyone will be able to say was 'Amy Called It'.

I would kill to see them in concert again, they were amazing.  I love everything they do, and I am pretty sure I am not the only one that feels that way!  I hope they make it back to Boston sometime soon.


{TOTALLY staged!}

2 comments:

  1. That's staged? Couldn't tell, thats how I hold all tickets/papers!

    I LOVE Sunset Cantina....yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! Erin should totally hold everything like that from now on.

    ReplyDelete