So the day after Kara's wedding, woof. I was not necessarily feeling really chipper the next morning, and I am sure I wasn't the only one. We woke up around 10am and hung around while cousins, Aunts and Uncles were coming and going from my mom's room, seriously she was like the cruise director on this trip. As everyone was packing up to head home, Ratty had the awesome idea of staying an extra night. He walked over to the front desk and within minutes we were booked for one more night in room 105. As we said our goodbyes everyone seeped with jealousy, wishing they could spend another night away during the long weekend. Parents were rushing back to make it to football or soccer games, swim meets and play dates. Ratty and I waved them all goodbye and went back into our rooms to fall back asleep in separate double beds. Slightly parallel lifestyles.
Even though it was a nice, crisp fall day, Ratty and I spent the entire time laying in different beds, drifting in and out of sleep while watching HGTV. The first time we ventured out was for a late lunch at Hearth & Kettle, but then it was right back to our beds. Ratty at some point stole my Snuggie, and before I knew it he was passed out for 3 hours. That Snuggie is like magic, it's impossible to stay awake when you're wearing it. I occupied myself with my own nap, followed by endless hours of Property Virgins.
We finally decided to go out to dinner around 9pm and drove down the street looking for a restaurant that was still open. Because we were far down the cape and it was after Labor Day weekend, a lot of places had closed up for the season. We stumbled upon an awesome restaurant right in the center of Orleans, which consisted of said restaurant and a stop sign. We ordered a couple of martinis along with steak for Ratty and pan roasted lobster for me. WITH risotto. I die for risotto. The food was fantastic and the barley lemon risotto was heavenly - I still dream about it! I think I might need to try and recreate it sometime, it was seriously that good.
It was a fantastic 'extra' day of vacation, filled with nothing but good food, good drinks and pure relaxation. I am pretty sure I could that every single day for the rest of my life.








Happy Birthday Shelby 10.10.10...how funny I just remembered that on the 9th I had a family wedding and totes wish we could have extended our getaway that weekend too!
ReplyDeleteI wish you had shared said magic snuggie with meee when I slumbered on your couch!!
Ohhh right - Happy Birthday Shelby! Although I am sure I already wished you a happy birthday, you know when it was really your birthday...
ReplyDeleteWait, were you cold on my couch? We keep the apartment at a brisk 62 degrees. I'm sorry - next time the Snuggie is yours!
Amy, are you kidding me? That lobster was ridic!!!! I wanted to grab it!!
ReplyDeleteIt was amazing Michelle - you would have loved it!
ReplyDelete