101 in 1001 Challenge

Sunday, January 9, 2011

62. October 2nd, 2010 Picture.

Ratty and I did some shopping on Saturday, mainly for some new clothes for my new job (after wearing jeans for 2.5 years every.single.day I was ready for a professional makeover).  We went to the Cambridgeside Galleria, mainly because he had a gift card to J. Crew that had been burning a hole in his pocket.  I like the Galleria, but going shopping there requires one specific thing, lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  I love Cheesecake, and I get the same thing every time, the lettuce wraps.  They are meant as an appetizer, you know to share with multiple people, but I liked to order it just for me, as a meal.

I really like Cheesecake, and my mom and I will go pretty much anytime we go to the mall, which tends to be quite frequently.  I told Ratty of my requirement and he was on board, even though he has made it perfectly clear that he does not like Cheesecake, nor does he like restaurant chains.  Don’t even ask him on his feelings about Applebee’s.   

Now, Ratty knows how much I like it, so I really tried to my best to explain to him why.  I really like the selection, there is something on that menu for everyone, and either surprisingly or not so surprisingly, it’s good!  As he read through the menu, I didn’t have to as I already knew what I wanted, I told him that my mom always gets the Boston house salad.  After reading the description, iceburg lettuce, bacon, tomatoes, blue cheese, and croutons with blue cheese dressing, he promptly decided that he wanted that.  It is a really great salad, and I told him how my mom will sometimes order one for lunch and then order another one to take home, it is really that good.  Now although the salad is considered an appetizer salad, like most things at Cheesecake, it is definitely oversized.  I told Ratty that my mom always finishes it, and he took that as a challenge.  He ate every single bite of that salad, including the 4 tomato wedges, which aren’t his favorite.  He stressed the fact that when I told my mom about lunch, I tell her that he too had finished the salad.  Here you go Ratty, now everyone knows!

He tried some of my lettuce wraps but did not like them.  They can get quite messy, and I think the mix of cilantro sauce, hot sauce and peanut sauce was a little much for him.  Good, more for me!


{They are pretty insane, and are actually making  me really hungry!  So yummy.}


{All my brand new clothes!}


1 comment:

  1. And that is definitely a successful shopping trip!

    And loooove me some cheesecake factoryness-ly!

    ReplyDelete