After mingling with her co-workers for a little bit, we walked across the street to a relatively new restaurant called Barlows where we were meeting Erin. It's a pretty cool place, with talented bartenders and yummy food. We grabbed a few spots at the bar and settled in for a long night of martinis, pizza and lots of laughing and chatting. They have the best pizza - arugula, gorgonzola and fig. I literally dream about it. All. The. Time.
We made friends with the bartender so he kept making us amazing French 75s. I love just about anything with a champagne float, so this was an easy sell. We kept joking that he should just leave the bottle with us, so we could top our drinks off whenever we wanted. We must have wore him down because for our last round he actually did. We loved this, obviously, and I needed to document it, for blog purposes. Granted it was only a mini bottle of champagne, but we got a few floats out of it.
Erin headed home after a few rounds, but Sue and I closed down the place, which is nothing new for us. We always joke that whenever we go out for 'a drink after work' in turns into a full blown night out where we are helping the staff sweep up and lock the doors. Not literally, but kinda. We obviously don't mind.








I love nights out with family and you have lots of that!
ReplyDeleteOh and I love CHAMPAGNE!
ReplyDelete