It’s official! I got my offer letter in the mail from Blue Cross Blue Shield. I think I had, up until that point, thought that it wasn’t real. I had accepted the job over the phone, the second they offered it to me, and had received an electronic version of the letter, so that I could give my notice (greatest moment ever) but it still seemed almost too good to be true. With the official paperwork in my hand, it felt like the job was mine. It wasn’t a mistake, they did actually mean to offer me the job, and they weren’t going to decide a few days later to take back the offer. Not that this has ever happened to me, but I just tend to lean towards the more irrational/cynical side of things. I don’t want to jinx things, talk about stuff that isn’t a guarantee. I didn’t even tell people I was interviewing for the job. How miserable is it to talk about how great this would be, and then turn around a few weeks later and have to admit that you didn’t get it? That is the worst. So I just choose not to talk about things, until they are all worked out. Well, they are worked out, and now I can talk about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Congratulations on your job!
ReplyDeleteThank you Rosestara! I just found your blog and you have a new follower :) Good luck with your 101 list!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!
ReplyDelete