My mom had left that morning at 9am, so I wanted to get down there quickly, because I hate the feeling that I am missing out on things. I do, really. We made great time and got in around dinner time. My whole family was sitting a bunch of picnic tables next to the pool, sipping on drinks and eating some yummy apps my cousin Annmarie had packed. I brought the ipod, zebra print Snuggie, sound machine and Storm Watch candle, while Annmarie brought a cooler filled with food, including homemade pesto with a baguette she sliced at said picnic table. Between the two of us, we were ready for anything.
Some of my family walked across the street to the Hearth and Kettle for dinner, a restaurant that would single handedly feed my family at least 3 times over throughout the course of the weekend, while Ratty and I stayed back to check in and unpack. We may or may not have stopped off at Wendy's on the way down, so after that and homemade pesto, I was all set with food for a while, or at least the next hour or so until I tried to convince Ratty to order a pizza. Ratty and I just relaxed, had some beers and hung around waiting for Uncle Paul and Cousin Susan to arrive. Sue had to work until 5pm, so Uncle Paul was picking her up in Southie and they were heading down together. They made really great time, showing up about an hour or so after we did.
The rest of the night was filled with lots of Irish music, beers, and great times. We took over my mom's motel room, making it our home base for the night. We all pulled in chairs from outside and made ourselves quite a little party set up. Eddie and Christine were heading down the next morning, along with Ron and Sybil, so while they were missed we still a blast. We spent all night telling stories, singing and laughing. The most laughing was probably brought on during the conversation between myself and Uncle Bill, where I tried to explain an ipod to him. He lives on the side of a mountain in New Hampshire, with my old computer and no internet. So needless to say, the conversation was quite comical. Obviously, the Snuggie came out pretty early on and was passed around. It was a big hit.
{Always come prepared! Packed the Snuggie and picked up koozies on the way!}
{Ratty's turn in the Snuggie!}
We hit the hay pretty early, early-ish, maybe, so that we would be ready to go for the festivities the next day! Yayyy Downey weddings are so much fun!








Pretty jeal of that snuggie!
ReplyDeleteHaha my mom has a matching one too, but she didn't pack it. Maybe you and Ellen should get matching leopard print ones too. We can bring them to E1's wedding!
ReplyDelete