The massage was spectacular and I am pretty sure I could have stayed at Exhale all day. They give you robes and flip flops and you can just lounge in the locker room for as long as you like. There’s a steam room, relaxing showers, and a sitting area with drinks, snacks, magazines and peaceful music. It is instantly calming and just the relaxing silence is enough to let the stress roll off your back. The massage was great, but per usual seemed way too short. I need someone to massage my shoulders and back for a solid 3 hours every day to make them less tense, but finding someone to commit to this has been difficult.
After a relaxing massage, I made my way down the street to Skoah for my facial. I’d never had a facial before, and I was slightly nervous. I had my cousin Kara’s wedding that Saturday and I just was concerned I’d be red and splotchy all weekend. I was so glad to hear that the Sweet Treat facial was the perfect ‘beginner’ facial. There wouldn’t be any extractions, just a series of treatments, cleansing, toning, moisturizing, etc. With each step I was told exactly what was being done and why. My skin gets really dry, so it was very interesting to learn why and what exactly I should use to counteract it. She said that scrubs, like St. Ives, which I love, isn't good for my skin type because the little rough scrubby things (she had a better name for it) were jagged and uneven since they were ground up apricot pits. She suggested using scrubs that had circular little beads in it, to prevent making my skin red. She was so smart, that's probably why she was doing the facial, huh.
All in all is was a perfect 'me' day and I felt truly pampered! I should do days like that more often, not just when I get a new job. If I win the lottery, you bet that will be my daily routing! Better start buying tickets now.
All in all is was a perfect 'me' day and I felt truly pampered! I should do days like that more often, not just when I get a new job. If I win the lottery, you bet that will be my daily routing! Better start buying tickets now.








Very nice, everyone needs 'Me' days every once in awhile!
ReplyDelete