101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, January 31, 2011

62. October 16th, 2010 Picture.

I woke up early Saturday morning and headed down to Bridgewater for their annual Homecoming celebration.  For the past few years I’ve had to work, so I was excited that I could make it to the Gamma Phi Alumnae Luncheon this year. 

Homecoming consists mainly of a parade, where different organizations build floats and perform skits or dances for the judges.  I loved float building because it would take place the night before Homecoming, in one of the parking lots on campus, and it would go until midnight, which was followed by our midnight breakfast.  It was always so much fun to assemble our kick-ass floats, practice our dances and scope out the competition.  The theme this year was BSU pride, since we recently went from a college to university.  The floats were great, per usual, but not as awesome as the ones we made (obviii). 



{Everyone waiting for the parade.}

During the parade watching festivities, Erin decided that she would work on one of her 101 goals, which was to hug 15 people.  Erin is not a hugger, or a toucher, or really into feelings all that much, so this was a huge feat for her.  We all lined up and gave hugs, I clocked in at number 10, with our equally as hug-a-phobic friend Jill closing out the goal at number 15.  Check that one off the list!


{Litch accosting Erin.}


{Number 15!}

Once the parade wrapped up, we skipped the football game and headed to our friends Erin and Courville's on campus apartment for a little reunion of sorts.  Erin is the RD of one of the freshman dorms and also my sorority sister.  Her and Courv got married about a year and a half ago (awesome wedding, aside from the fact that I came down with the swine flu during their reception and infected half of the guests.  No, I’m serious).  I gave them a glass punchbowl from Crate and Barrel that came with 10 little stemless glasses and a ladle, which they put to great use and made a yummy sparkling cranberry punch for the party.  Even though their apartment was small, we managed to fit quite a few people, along with a baby and stroller, inside.  It was a really great time, catching up with old friends and reminiscing about our good ol’ college days.


{Glad to see my gift is getting PLENTY of use!}


{Me & Mark.}


{Who doesn't love Homecoming?}


{Me and the birthday girl.}

We made it to the luncheon right on time, and spent the next 2 hours mingling with sisters new and old.  There was a good turn out, with lots of recent grads in attendance.  Kel came, bringing along Miss Sophie, which meant that I was busy holding her for the rest of the afternoon.  It’s really nice that the active sisters plan this event for all the Alumnae during Homecoming.  It’s nice to meet everyone, hear what the chapter is up to and catch up with some old friends.

{Shelby, Erin, Annie and me at the luncheon.}

After the luncheon, we all made our way to Bogart’s, which was our regular Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday (sometimes Fridays and the occasional Tuesday) hangout.  There aren’t many places that I know of where you can buy a pitcher of Miller Lite for $3, and even though I am now an ‘adult’ I can still appreciate a good deal.  It was our friend Lina’s birthday, so we spent a good amount of time celebrating and cheersing to her, even getting the DJ to do some shout outs.  At this point it was about 5pm and the bar was packed and the DJ was bumpin.  It may have still been light out.  If anyone had just randomly walked in, they would have thought that it was midnight.  Ahh, I love Bridgewater.  We all made plans to meet up in Somerville that night and go out for drinks in Davis Sq. to continue the celebration of Lina’s birth.  Woof, what a long day!  But it’s totally worth it when you’re doing things that are fun.  And with people you like.





{The T-Chicks are me, Erin and Shelby.  We made up this name in college and have referred to ourselves in the 3rd person ever since.  For the record, T stands for three.  You know, since there are 3 of us and we're girls.  So original, I know.  We even have nicknames and made t-shirts.  No really, we did.  We had a ceremonial sleepover at Shelby's when we made them.}

I headed back to Boston around 6:30pm, with the plan of meeting Lina & Co at the Joshua Tree around 8pm.  I had just enough time to stop off at my apartment and freshen up before I was back on the road.  We had a few drinks at the Joshua Tree and then made our way across the street to The Burren before I called it a night.  I had to get up very early the next morning, so I didn’t want to press my luck – no whammies!

Such a good day!



{Kev, Dave and Hannah.}


{All of us cheersing to Lina!}

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun day!! I LOVE the T-Chick reference and I wish I still had my shirt!

    ReplyDelete