101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, January 31, 2011

62. October 20th, 2010 Picture.

Ratty had been in DC for a week to attend a work conference, so Thursday the 20th, the day after he got back, I planned to go to the North End and hang out.  And see what be bought me.  Yay presents!  I looped through the neighborhood, struggling to find a parking spot, but what else is new?  Unfortunately people park like idiots, taking up two spots with their one car, which makes my job that much more difficult, and annoying.  I passed this particular spot a few times, each time pulling up beside it and deciding it was just a touch too small to fit.  Finally, after the 3rd time passing it, I decided to at least try.  There was no one behind me, so I knew I wouldn’t feel the pressure of people waiting and watching me, because when that happens, it’s absolutely pointless to even try.  I backed in, with inches to spare in the front, and proceeded to go back and forth, back and forth, at least 8 times to finally fit in the spot.  People were walking by, each time staring at the car, shaking their heads in either amazement or doubt.  I started sweating, fogging up the windows in the process, getting nervous that I’d wedged myself in to a situation where my car wouldn’t fit, but also I wouldn’t be able to get out.  I finally got the entire car in the spot, with literally 1 inch in the front and back.  Here is some documentation to show just how good of a parallel parker I am.



1 comment:

  1. OMG that picture is making me sweat, parallel parking with viewers...shaking their heads...I would have just gone home! Good job Amy!

    ReplyDelete