Like I said, other than lunch and getting my ID, the day was pretty uneventful. There was a 3 hour section about how to pick what insurance plan was right for you, and what types of benefits BCBS offered. Surprisingly, they're really good. For the first time, I actually understood insurance, well I understood it better than I ever had before. At most new jobs, they throw you paperwork, you fill it out, and then you just deal with whatever you chose. Here they combed over all the different plans, the ways you could extend benefits, work with the system and choose the best plan that suited your needs at that moment. It was actually pretty cool to have all that stuff explained, since I might of well have thrown a dart while blindfolded to have picked out my past plans. It was really nice to have all the benefits broken down for me, and I walked out of orientation feeling like I actually learned something.
{The clip to my badge. I would have shown the whole thing but my ID photo isn't that great. And by 'isn't that great' I mean really bad.}








I attended one of those orientations when I started there! They are a great company and pretty good benefits too!
ReplyDeleteThey do! And, I already lost my first ID...
ReplyDelete