101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, January 24, 2011

62. October 13th, 2010 Picture.

I spent all night on the 13th watching the Chilean Miners being rescued.  I sat on my bed and cried when the first man came up and stood in front of the TV and sobbed as the 33rd one was rescued.  I cannot believe that they were able to survive for 69 days under ground, not to mention the mental anguish that they must have gone through on a daily basis.  I am just in awe of their bravery, and their camaraderie.  They drew straws to find out who would be the LAST miner out.  No one wanted to be first and leave the rest of the crew underground.  That just goes to show what selfless and courageous men they are. 





2 comments:

  1. This really is crazy to think about...sad this is yesterdays news and worse things have happened since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so true Shelby, unfortunately.

    Totally unrelated to my post, I was talking about going on a vacation with Ratty and he was like 'Are you over those miner guys yet?' He hadn't even seen this yet. I am still pretty obsessed...

    ReplyDelete