101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, August 5, 2011

62. March 12th, 2011 Picture.

Ratty and I had been walking around Downtown Crossing, looking for some new dress shirts for him, not me, when we popped into Marliave for an afternoon snack.  I'd never been before, but I'd heard lots of people rave about their signature dish 'Rare Bits'.  It's pretty much a cast iron skillet filled with melted, gooey cheese with herbs, garlic and BACON.  Yes I felt the need to caps lock AND italizes bacon.  It was a chilly day, we'd done a lot of walking, and I was ready to relax.  Having a martini and eating a hot bubbling plate of melted cheese was exactly what I needed.  I'm pretty sure this meal could cure anything - migraines, hangovers, government issues, civil wars, I could go on and on.  Doesn't that picture just look amazing?!  I could never be lactose intolerant or vegan.  I couldn't do it.  I think it's admirable [being vegan, not lactose intolerant, that's just a curse], but I love cheese way too much to ever give it up.  Ever.



The 'Rare Bits' was served with lightly toasted bread that was probably some of the best bread ever.  It was only a little bit crunchy but uber soft on the inside.  Dear Lord, my mouth is watering.  I need this again, stat!

If you live in Boston, I want you to run to Marliave and order this.  I don't care that it's summer.  I don't care that it's 90+ degrees outside.  Like I said this meal is amazing and can cure anything, including being overheated and sunburned, I just know it.


Ah, the elusive 'perfect bite!'

No comments:

Post a Comment