101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, August 29, 2011

62. March 31st, 2011 Picture.

How many people out there can say that they are friends with their Kindergarten teacher?  I'm guessing not many, but I can!  The lovely lady in pink is my very own Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Goodwin, who I have been friends with for over 20 years.  

It all started on that fateful day of my grammar school's open house, where I put on my most adorable little sailor dress and begged my brother Eddie to take me to see my new classroom.  I was a very persuasive 5 year old.  I was so beside myself with excitement, I made my brother take me THREE hours early.  Mrs. Goodwin was still setting up the room and in I walked totally expecting to meet all my new kindergarten friends.  I don't specifically remember Mrs. Goodwin's reaction to my showing up hours before everyone else, but as she tells the story now, she knew we were going to be friends.  She loves to tell me about 'Little Amy', how I haven't changed at all from the super excited 5 year old she met at the Peabody School.  I refused to take naps and would always say 'But Mrs. Goodwin, what if I miss something?!'  I'm pretty much the exact same, always busy, running from here to there, making sure to do absolutely everything that I can, you know, so I don't miss anything!


Mrs. Goodwin, her husband Ed [yes I address mail to Mrs. Goodwin + Ed], my mom and myself met for dinner at Bertucci's.  We were seriously overdue for dinner, so I was really happy that we found a date where all 4 of us could get together.  Thanks to Ed for snapping this picture!

2 comments:

  1. Amy you never cease to amaze me...you go out to dinner with your kindergarten teacher. Not many people can say that ,for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK this is awesome! I wish I was friends with one of my old teachers!

    ReplyDelete