101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

62. March 22nd, 2011 Picture.


Per number number 81, get a massage every month for six months, I have a really rotten back.  Sitting at my desk all day, hunched over my keyboard has not helped, and I can literally feel the knots in the shoulder blades radiating pain through my muscles, down my arm and into my finger tips.  So yea, it's bad.  When I do yoga and pilates, it definitely helps stretch all those muscles and build strength in my back, but when I skip out on classes for a week or so, I'm right back where I started.  

My mom knows how miserable my shoulders are, so a year or so ago she bought me the ineed back massager from Brookstone.  Let me tell you this thing is a life saver in between massage appointments, or when I can't really afford a massage, which is pretty much all the time.  Technically you're supposed to strap the ineed to the back of the chair, but I found I get a much deeper massage when I put it on the floor and I lay on top of it.  It sounds ridiculous, but having my body weight push the massager deeper in my back feels 1 million times better.  

Mental note: I need to use it more often!

1 comment: