101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

62. March 21st, 2011 Picture.

So as you can imagine, cleaning up the day after the St. Paddy's parade day party is definitely naht my favorite day.  I have always taken the Monday off, which some might say is to nurse a hangover, but really it's because I need to do some SERIOUS cleaning.  I absolutely dread coming down the stairs the next morning, smelling stale beer and having my feet stick to the floor.  This year was somewhat better, since most of us were outside during the day, instead of last year where it monsooned and everyone was crammed in our kitchen and living room.  This year was much better all around.

I woke up and made a promise to myself that I could not have coffee until I had cleaned the entire first floor once.  Oh yes, my friends, I do multiple rounds of cleaning to make sure the apartment is back in working order.  I usually wipe everything down at least 3 times and mop the floor twice.  I hate mopping the floor - it's the worst!  But thankfully my roommate Jamie had taken the day off too, so together we cleaned the apartment in record time.  Thank God for Jamie!  The place looked as good as new!





Party?  What party?

1 comment: