Saturday afternoon Ratty and I headed to Amesbury for Miss Emily's 1st birthday party. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it might have been the best 1st birthday party I've ever been to. Chad and Christine rented out the downstairs of the Flat Bread Pizza Company's restaurant, which was decorated much like you'd imagine a lodge to be decorated, very rustic. There were lots of cozy chairs, stone and wood walls with antlers hanging from the ceiling. The place was pretty awesome and it totally helped they had a wood burning stove to cook the pizzas in. It smelled absolutely divine and on a blustery March day, it was the most perfect place to be. It really did feel like the best mountain lodge ever, if you have other mountain lodges to rank it against. I do. That's why I say it's the best!
There was lots of pizza, salads and beers to go around, which was one of the reasons it was one of the best 1st birthday parties ever. The waitress kept coming by, making sure everyone had a drink in their hand, which was awesome since Chad and Christine paid for it all. Seriously, open bar 1st birthday parties should be required from here on out, I decree! I also think I like birthdays when the kids are really young because they don't have a ton of friends and there aren't 1 million kids running around, playing and screaming. I love children, I really do, just not en masse.
Here's a shot of Miss Emily opening some of her presents!
And one of her and her mommy with her birthday cupcake!
These cupcakes were out of this world! I wanted to eat 500 of them, but everyone else had the same idea and they were gone in a flash!
Then I held baby Elliott, Emily's BFFL, for about 9 hours. But seriously, how can you not just want to squeeze her so so so so tight?!
After the party winded down, Ratty and I help Chad and Christine carry all of Emily's presents to the car. We are always one of the last people to leave a party! We headed back to Chad and Christine's house for some beers and to hang out, which is when Ratty had some liquid courage and held Emily all on his own! He is getting so good at it!
Parents and/or future parents take note, THIS is how you host a birthday party!








That is definitely how to host a first birthday party haha! emma's was quite similar and people felt it was the only way to go as well!
ReplyDelete