After MONTHS of not being able to fully close my door without stacking bottles of wine, candles, rocks and even a pumpkin against it, I FINALLY installed a new door knob. I have absolutely no idea while I possibly waited this long, it makes no sense. I must pass Home Depot at least 4 times a week, sometimes even going to the stores on either side of it, walking straight past their entrance, and not even glancing in its direction.
I finally bit the bullet in preparation for my St. Patricks Day party. I realized that having a door knob on my bedroom door would be a really great idea, as people would be coming and going from the party all day long. I stopped off at Home Depot on Friday after work, and picked up an $8 knob. EIGHT DOLLARS! Again, why did it take me so long to get myself in gear, huh?! I have no excuses, just sheer laziness and extreme procrastination, I guess.
I got home, grabbed a screw driver and got down to installing this baby. I was really excited to be able to shut my door completely. It’s the little things in life, really. Sometimes I’d want to leave my room, but realizing I’d already piled my stuff in front of the door, would deem it too much work and I’d stay holed up in my bed. Not that I’m really complaining, I like my alone time, but now if feels like such a treat that I can open my door without any effort. Seriously, I sound like a crazy hermit right now.
Anyway, I spent all of 10 minutes installing the door knob, 10 minutes! I opened up the instructions, but realized they made it look way to complicated, so I just winged it. It was so easy, and once again I kicked myself for waiting so long. Like 6 months. Which is a REALLY long time.








haha don't you hate when you put something like this off and then you're like well that wasn't too bad!
ReplyDeleteAppreciatee this blog post
ReplyDelete