So, as I'm sure you all already know, while up in New Hampshire, every single [female] cousin there had one requirement of the weekend, to make a stop at Garnet Hill. Like I said before, here is not much in downtown Franconia, a general store, small supermarket, a quaint organic sandwich shop [WENDLE'S!], a gas station, but Garnet Hill is a full on destination. It's teeny, not much bigger than a city apartment, but it is full of all this fabulous merchandise. At times it's still really expensive [oh you want to charge me $65 to TWO shams? On a discontinued print and you don't even have the matching duvet cover?! Nothankyou.] But sometimes, you can get really fab deals, far beyond their regular sales. On Thursdays, you can get a pass from an employee which offers absolutely insane discounts. My sister in law Christine went once and got a skirt for a DOLLAR. She went back the next day and it was listed for $70. It's impossible to wrap your head around how they work, but all I know is that I really like when it works in my favor.
On our way into the store, we bumped into my aunt and two cousins who came out with bags of goodies. After hearing about their take, I knew exactly what I wanted. Once in the store, I made a bee line for the goose down jackets, and snagged this amazing plum colored knee length coat for $19. NINETEEN BUCKS! Score. It was originally priced at $228, and even on the website it's still listed as $70+. Ratty spent the entire time in the back of the store, sitting at a set of mini tables and chairs, watching my bag and jacket, playing with Cassie and Abigail while we all shopped. He's so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Sounds sounds amazing...and Ratty is so damn resourceful!!! I could have used him the other day at the South Shore Plaza!
ReplyDelete