101 in 1001 Challenge

Saturday, August 6, 2011

62. March 13th, 2011 Picture.

My cute little niece Cassie's 9th birthday was on March 8th.  I cannot believe that she is 9 already!  It seems like only yesterday I was in Montreal for Spring Break and got the call at 2:30 in the morning say that I had a new little niece and her name was Cassie Anne.  As soon as I was home I raced to go see her and she is just as adorable as ever.  A little fun Deveau family facts: My mom was 22 when she had my brother Ronny, and Ronny was 22 when I was born.  My brother Eddie was 18 when I was born and I was 18 when Cassie was born!  I think that's pretty cool.


Note the lime green and turquoise streamers in the living room.  Cassie's favorite color is turquoise and she knows that lime green is my favorite color, so she always mixes them together.  Every time she gives me a present, whether it be for my birthday or Christmas, it's wrapped in lime green tissue.  She is the sweetest thing ever.


Note Chloe and Cam eagerly awaiting the cake.


Aw what cute little cousins!  I love that Abby has her arm around Chloe!  When Abby was born, Chloe always called Abby her sister, MY SISTER this! And MY SISTER that!  They absolutely love each other.

Cassie loves making 'perfumes' in the summer, putting flowers, roots, grass and other things into jars filled with water and muddling it.  She has been know to get upset if someone accidentally throws her batch away or she forgets it at a party.  I've received many a frantic phone call from Christine asking me if I could find the solo cup covered in tinfoil because Cassie forgot it.  The things we do for love.

A Groupon had popped up just before her birthday for a custom made fragrance at the Essence Fragrance Lab on Newbury Street.  The purpose of the Groupon was to go to the store, smell all the different samples and have a specialist help out with choosing bottom notes, top notes, etc. to create your own perfume.  I thought Cassie would love to go into town with me one day and get to pick all the different scents to customize her own perfume, a REAL perfume!  She pretty much loved it.  Not to toot my own horn, but I give the best presents!


In addition to the Groupon, I got her some summer scarves.  She had asked for some scarves that 'I can wear all the time, not just in the winter' and I knew exactly what she wanted.  I got her a gauzy flowery one, and a teal and white striped one.  Like I mentioned before, teal is her favorite color, so I knew she'd love it.



It's pretty blurry, but nothing else would document the love!


Cassie, being as adorable and random as ever, wanted a remote control tarantula in addition to summer scarves, so my mom bought her this one on Amazon.  It was pretty hilarious to watch it walk all over the kitchen floor and creep people out even though everyone knew it was fake.  It's making me itchy just looking at it!

Happy Birthday, Cassie!

And lets close this post out with an adorable picture of Abby.  Yay!


3 comments:

  1. You are so thoughtful with your gift giving! I hope we get to see when you take her to get the perfume made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I'll be honest until I read your comment I was freaked out by that spider!

    ReplyDelete