101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, August 18, 2011

62. March 23rd, 2011 Picture.

I received a text from my roommate around 4pm, alerting me that her dog walker had somehow gotten LOCKED inside our apartment, and couldn’t open the door.  I mean, honest to God the text said something to the effect of 'Dog walker got locked in the apartment, fire department is taking the door off now'.  I mean, what?!  I had visions of me coming home from work to my apartment wide open and the door laying on the sidewalk.  I have to say that I was pretty worried slash super annoyed, but thankfully when I got home I found out that they had just taken the door knob off, PHEW.  Somehow the lock had jammed and the dog walker couldn't get out, so she called the fire department.  I am not sure what I would have done in that situation, but calling the fire department would have been about number 100 on the list.  I'm sure number 1 would have included some sort of scaling and our back yard fence.

Seriously though what is UP with me and door knobs?  I just replace the one on my bedroom door and now the one on our front door goes kaput.  Maybe I'm cursed, which would be pretty awful since one of my main fears is that a serial killer will break into my apartment, so not having a working door knob is really annoying.  Thankfully we have a dead bolt and the landlord had it replaced the very next day.  Serial killer crisis averted.

2 comments:

  1. Um I would TOTALLY be annoyed, and why didn't she call one of you girls?!?! Those damn dog walkers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow. Yeah, I would never think to call the fire department.

    ReplyDelete