We woke up on Monday morning and spent some time hanging out with Joe. Like I said it yesterday's post, Joe was a fantastic host. We were sitting around the living room, watching Shark Week, and he offered to run to Dunkin Donuts and get us all coffee. I tried not to squeal in delight and then attempted to make my coffee order less high maintenance than normal. Medium French Vanilla Iced with Milk and Sugar. Kinda easy right? MUCH better than my typical Medium French Vanilla with a Turbo Shot, Extra Skim Milk and 2 Splendas. I think he probably would have reneged on the offer immediately if I tried to explain that one. After grabbing us coffee he toasted up some homemade zucchini bread from zucchini's he grew in his garden. I'm serious. The guy who has guns on display over the cabinets in his kitchen was like a mini Martha Stewart.
{The view from Joe's boat slip.}
{The teeny weeny bridge we were about to go under.}
{We cleared it! Barely!}
{Rough Monday morning commute, huh?}
Since our drive up to New Hampshire, Ratty had been talking about Five Guys burgers and how we had to stop on our way home. I'd heard a lot of good things about them, like that they are better than In and Out, so I was excited to try. The ride to the place however, was a long one. By the time we pulled into the parking lot I literally thought the hunger was going to overtake my body and my stomach was somehow going to eat itself. Yes, that hungry. They are famous for having peanuts in big bins as you walk in, and you fill a little cardboard box with some to snack on while you wait for food. I obviously grabbed a bunch and walked to the register to order. I got a Dr. Pepper, bacon cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and Ratty and I split fries. Ratty got a double cheeseburger, but opted not to get chili on it, like he originally intended, which was the best move for the both of us, since I was in no mood to perform CPR.
{Five Guys is like, really really good. Although I am glad there isn't one in Boston, I'd definitely eat it way too much.}
The restaurant was absolutely freezing, which probably makes sense because people are shoveling food in their face so fast they work up a sweat. The burger was really awesome, along with the fries but the absolute best part about Five Guys, in my opinion, was the free refills on soda. I love Dr. Pepper, but rarely drink it, so I was so happy I didn't have to ration my sips during my burger, I could drink as much as I wanted and still go back for more! FYI I only refilled once, too much soda, sugar, calories and caffeine make me feel gross. To walk off our full stomaches, we decided to go to the Mall of New Hampshire and see what kind of financial trouble we could get in.
Obviously, we spent an exorbitant amount of time in Yankee Candle so I could huff Storm Watch candles. Ratty was mildly concerned and literally asked the employee if there was a Storm Watchers Anonymous meeting I could go to. She laughed but admitted that she too was obsessed with Storm Watch and would buy cases and cases of it when she could. SEE! I am NOT a freak! Obviously I needed to document the historic occasion of Storm Watch being back in the Yankee Candle regular line up. I may or may not have written them a thank you note on their Facebook fan page. A lot of people 'liked' it.
{A simply amazing sight. I may or may not have a problem.}








aaahahahaha I lo0ve that you wrote a thank you note and people liked it hahahahaha!
ReplyDelete