101 in 1001 Challenge

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

62. July 17th, 2010 Picture.

On Saturday the 17th, Ratty and I decided to go to brunch in the South End (review coming up for Number 24).  We organized an entire day, where we'd eat and the make our way to the South End open market.  The SoWa open market has tons of different vendors selling their wares as well as farmers markets, fruit stands and bakeries setting up shop for the day.  When our amazing brunch was over, we stopped in a cafe to grab and iced coffee before walking to the market.  I ordered my iced vanilla triple shot latte and then walked over to the prep station to grab a straw.  I went to open the package and all but screamed bloody-I'm-okay-I'm-just-real-excited-murder because it was not just any ol' straw, it was a BENDY STRAW!  I LIVE for bendy straws!  They are so awesome, so much better than regular straws, because you can like, bend them and stuff.  During my beyond normal and socially acceptable excitedness, immediately following my profession of love, 'Oh my God its a BENDY STRAW!', the woman next to me turned around and said 'I guess it's the little things in life, huh?'  You got that right hippie lady with the really cool henna tattoo across her back.    Peace and love man.



This picture was taken as I was sitting on a curb in the middle of the South End because when we got to the market we realized it only happened on Sundays.  Whoops!  It was so miserably hot that I needed to sit down, and I camped out on this curb for about 30 minutes.  I gathered my strength and we walked around the South End, before ducking inside a bar to escape the heat.  During our stint at the bar at Union, we decided to go to the movies to see 'Inception'.  Ratty wanted to see it in IMAX, so after he promised to stop for Dramamine for me, I agreed.  The closest theater that had an IMAX screen with available show times was at the Liberty Tree Mall in Dedham.  Or was it Danvers?  Whatever.  We ordered tickets on Fandango, the most grueling process over a Blackberry ever, and heading back to Southie to grab my car.

WOW.  'Inception' was AMAZING.  It blew my mind.  I wanted to talk about it with everyone I knew, but no one else had seen it yet.  I thought about explaining it to my mom but then thought better of it because she gets confused during Law & Order.  'Inception' would clearly be lost on her.  I highly recommend it.  Best move I've seen all year.  It was so incredible it may ruin movies for me forever.  It was that good.


Yay bendy straws!

4 comments:

  1. Liberty Tree Mall is in Danvers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just acknowledging the fact that you're right!

    Can't imagine in my 'wildest dreams' sitting through "Inception".

    But. . . . I'm so happy that you and Ratty enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't mention that you legit almost passed out from the heat. You were clutching the brick walls over by DEVI HOME.

    I am glad you made it through. Union Bar was like an oasis. An oasis filled with beer and air conditioning and the British Open in HD.

    Inception? I can't even............I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right Ratty. I was on antibiotics and dehydrated and was literally clutching a brick wall gasping 'water' over and over again. That was fun, we should totally trek through the South End on the next 100 degree day!

    ReplyDelete