101 in 1001 Challenge

Friday, August 13, 2010

62. July 21st, 2010 Picture.

So, just to show you how far behind I am posting my blogs, July 21st was actually 2 days AFTER my computer crashed.  Yep, that's right.  By now we all know that I was able to fix my laptop and recover most of my photos, even deleted ones from a memory card, but here in blog post world, it's a brand spankin' new subject.


I took my poor little comp to Microcenter and had a new hard drive installed.  I got it home and started putting all my files back onto it, from my external hard drive, when I noticed that a few applications were missing.  When I dropped the laptop off, I had Microsoft Word and iPhoto, which is my photo library and editing program, but when I picked it up those 2 programs weren't on my hard drive.  I started tearing through my Rubber Maid bin that was under my bed, which holds all my 'desk stuff' and found my Microsoft Office installation disk, phew.  I forgot that Microsoft Office isn't standard on Macs, so when I bought my laptop a few years ago, I opted to buy the CDs too.  I'm so smaht.  After some quick googling, I found out that for MacOs Leopard (yes this is the real name of my operating system, no windows for me, I'm all about the Leopard, not to be confused with Snow Leopard which is the NEWEST system or Jaguar which was the one before mine).  Tangent aside, iPhoto has now been grouped with iLife, which includes music making programs and calendar management, into one application, which doesn't come standard anymore, lame.  It would have been helpful if someone had told me this at the store, because then I could have picked up an iLife CD while I was there, instead of having to go downtown to the Apple store on Boylston.  And spend $80 more dollars.  Sighhh nothing is ever easy.


I ran downtown after work and picked up the CD, casually dropping more disposable income on a CD that I should not have had to buy, for a computer problem I shouldn't have had.  Online it had said that the iLife CDs ran about $35, which didn't seem that crazy to me, but when I got to the store it was $80.  That's like an 110% increase from online!  I refused to buy it and went outside to call the Best Buy up the street.  Oh, whats that?  It's the same price there?!  Damn.  I went back into Apple and bit the bullet.  My computer cost less than I was quoted, and even with the $80 iLife investment I was still the black.  So, I guess it's a wash?  Maybe?



{Because I wanted to try and salvage photos from my cameras memory card, the next 2 days 'Picture of the Day' were taken with my cell phone.  If I used my camera I could have corrupted more files, which I didn't want to have happen, so I had to sacrifice the quality of the pictures.  I apologize.  Anyway, it says that iLife was $34.99 on Amazon.  LIES!}



1 comment:

  1. Good job in getting everything back in working order Ms. Fix It!

    No, nothing is ever easy ~ but somehow you always manage to get things done.

    YAYYYYY!!

    ReplyDelete