Abby and Cassie were so cute, per usual, and it was so nice to see them! My mom had come down on the early side too, so it was almost a party before the party. I was so bummed that I couldn't stay, some of my cousins who were in town visiting were stopping by, and frankly I didn't feel like I'd gotten adequate time with them at Timmy's party. I complained to Eddie about the 4pm start time, but realized it made perfect sense because he was having his chimney rebuilt that afternoon so random bricks came crashing into the yard sporadically. That's why we pretty much stayed inside.
{Here is Abigail, wearing Cassie's first communion veil, pretending to get married. We even sang 'Here Comes the Bride'. How cute is she?!}
{Planning their dance routine. They like to perform for us.}
{I was trying to get Abs to take a picture with me, but she was too engrossed in her Game Boy to even look at the camera.}
Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you looked at it, Ratty and I had to leave around 2:30pm to head off to the cape for yet another party. We said our goodbyes and hopped in the car, fingers crossed there was no traffic. Once on the road we made pretty good time, but hit some congestion at the bridge, no surprise there. We made it to the party around 4:30pm and were ready to have a good time!
{A welcome cheers!}

{Just some causal bouncing. About half way through Mark thought it would be funny to turn off the air, so the whole moon bounce started to collapse around us. He started it back up quickly but by then I had already fallen into the netting on the side and couldn't get out. When Erin and Lana joined me on the side, we panicked, thinking the entire thing would tip. Why are we so rational?!}
{I kept the video going the entire time. I haven't watched it yet, but I am almost certain it will make me nauseous.}
{I was trying to get out of the bounce house, completely winded, and here is Ratty attempting to assist me. He thought the best way to help me out was to pick up my arms, so I couldn't brace my fall. Needless to say, it was awkward.}
{Another cheers!}
{A lemon poppy seed cake, with lemon curd and real frosting, made by Jamie. It was amazing! Also, the group of us thought that we needed to distract Rachel while the cake was coming out, so we peppered her with questions about her favorite flowers, watermelon gerber daisies, and asked where we could find them. Obviously Rachel was extremely confused because she knew Jamie was getting the cake ready, so she just answered our questions slowly, as if there was something wrong with us. We were under the impression that the party would have been completely ruined had Rachel turned around, so we took our responsibilities very seriously. We consider this mission a success.}
{It's a nice shot, but I have no idea why it's so far away!}
{Mmm popcorn! Rachel's boyfriend Cullum went all out with the carnival theme!}
{Some yummy fried dough. Handmade by Cullum. I stole this picture from Jamie.}
{AND cotton candy!}
{Mark, just being Mark.}
The party went well into the night, complete with a fire pit. Everyone had brought tents or air mattresses and set up camp around the yard and inside the house. Ratty and I claimed a guest bedroom that was completely empty and set up our 'camp' there. Once the fire got going, Rachel brought out more food and glow necklaces for everyone. She and Cullum were truly amazing hosts and we had so much fun, and were SO well fed! I think we finally called it quits around 1am, and were some of the last few standing. My friends had all set up tents on the side of the house, but kept getting woken up from a sensor light on the roof. I was SO happy that we had a spot inside, otherwise I probably would have attempted to sleep in my car, like Dave. That would have been awkward since it's a 2-door civic.
Another amazing and successful birthday party!













No comments:
Post a Comment