101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 19th, 2010 Picture.

I took this picture of People magazine because I love Carrie Underwood.  I was so happy when she got married you'd think I'd known her personally.  I wanted to know ALL about the reception and waited with baited breath for this issue to come out.  I had had a dream a few days earlier that Carrie Underwood was a Gamma Phi Beta, and I was invited to her wedding.  I remember waiting for the ceremony to start and even in my dream I knew this wasn't real.  I kept asking my friends questions like, 'when did she pledge?' 'how come I don't remember that?' 'how does she know me?'.  Why does rational me ruin things?  How come I couldn't just enjoy being at Carrie Underwood's faux wedding?


I think I would like her.  She is pretty, funny, talented, we have lots in common.  I hear that she is not a really nice girl in person, but I don't care.  I want to imagine that we would be best friends and had she known me prior to her wedding, she'd want me to be her maid of honor.  I mean, who WOULDN'T want me to be their maid of honor?  No one, that's who.  We'd spend all our time braiding each others hair, watching reruns of 'Gilmore Girls' and painting our toe nails.  It would be a glorious friendship and she would totes want me to come on tour with her and go to all the awards shows.  She'd call me just to say hi and she would be in my Facebook default.  This is a pretty great friendship blossoming here.  Anyway, here's a picture of my new BFF and her hubby.



{For the record, as her BFFL and her MOH, I totally would have suggested she tone down the bouquet.  Like, her arm MUST hurt from holding it.  But I love her just the same.}

2 comments:

  1. I do love Carrie Underwood too... I think you might love her a smidge more than me, but I could.not.wait for this issue to come out... and when it did, I was sad there were only like 2.5 pages. I wanted about 5 more pages of pictures!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Laura! I wanted to look at the pictures and feel like I was actually there, instead of dreaming about it!

    ReplyDelete