101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, August 12, 2010

July 18th, 2010 Picture.

On Sunday afternoon, Ratty and I took my niece's Cassie and Abigail to see 'Despicable Me'.  I actually really really wanted to see this movie, and thought that it would be fun to take the girls.  When I ran it by Eddie and Christine, they were both like, YES!  2 hours without children?  They were thrilled.  We didn't really pick a time, but when Cassie called me at 11am to ask where I was, I knew I needed to get a move on.  She didn't know we were going to the movies, so when she found out she all but freaked out.  She was so excited, saying that everyone in her class was talking about it and wanted to know if we were going to see it in 2D or 3D.  Uh, how does she know that?  I am pretty sure that I didn't know what 3D was until I was at least 15.  


We piled the kids in my car and said out goodbyes.  Abigail didn't realize that her parents weren't going, so when we were all getting in the car and she said 'Come on' to her mom and dad, we told her it was just us, me, Ratty, her and Cassie.  Well, you should have seen her face, she was SO excited that it was just her and the 'teenagers' going to the movies.






We got a teeny bit lost on the way to the movie and trying to convince an 8 year old that we are, in fact, NOT going to miss the movie and I DO know where I'm going is rather difficult.  After lots of 'are we there yet?' and 'maybe we should call my mom' we made it, safely, with plenty of time to spare.  Cassie and Abs had gone to the store with Christine before I picked them up, so we were stocked with candy and drinks.  We grabbed some popcorn and our 3D glasses and got our seats in the theater.


The girls looked SO adorable in their 3D glasses, but we soon realized that we gave them the adult glasses and Ratty and I were stuck with the little kid ones.  We looked ridiculous.  I swapped with Abby and Ratty ran out to exchange his for adult ones.  Cassie wanted to keep her big kid ones, obviously, because she's a big kid.  The movie was really adorable and the girls LOVED it.  They were laughing and on the edge of their seats the entire time.  I was so impressed at how well behaved they were.  I didn't have to take anyone to the bathroom and neither of them talked at all, they were too enchanted I guess!



{Are you serious with the pictures right now?}



{Abby ate an entire bag of gummy bears.  So glad I wasn't there for when the tummy ache kicked in!}



{Such a cool big kid.}



{Like, how insanely cute are they?!  I could just eat them up!}

5 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for not posting pictures of me in the Kids 3D glasses.

    I looked like an Irish Allen Ginsberg..............(anyone?)

    {Crickets}

    PS: IT'S SO FLUFFY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I unfortunately didn't take a picture of you in the mini glasses, but if I had, you best bet that the picture would be up on this blog :)

    Who's Allen Ginsberg?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was soo looking forward to seeing you and ratty in those glasses. maybe next time. step up 3d anyone? kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit behind in reading your blog..love the pics of my girls,I need copies! Thanks again they LOVED being with you & Ratty! C & E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pictures! Love the glasses!! Missed seeing them on the grownups!!

    Sounds like a wonderful afternoon ~ a day they'll always remember!

    Thanks to you and Ratty.

    ReplyDelete