101 in 1001 Challenge

Thursday, August 12, 2010

62. July 20th, 2010 Picture.

Okayyyy folks.  Let me provide a little background information for all you readers at home.  I have a double closet, but only one side had a bar to hang things on.  To make up for the wasted space in the other half of my closet, I bought a bar and shelving and installed it myself.  Now, I know that because the wall is hollow, I needed to use molly screws to keep the whole thing from falling a part.  I put this all together in December and it has held up pretty well since. 


Maybe I spoke too soon, maybe I tried to put too many bags on the top shelf, maybe my collection of Gap cardigans got too heavy, but whatever the reason, the bar came crashing down a few weeks ago.  The screws had literally pulled the plaster off and left a gapping hole in my wall.  Whoops!  Being the do-it-yourself home improvement girl I am, I covered it with duct tape.  Duct tape fixes EVERYTHING.  I moved the metal holder thingy (who knows what the correct term for this is?) over towards the edge of the wall, assuming there were studs someplace to frame my wall, and rescrewed everything together.  I put duct tape on this spot before attaching so that God forbid it fall again, the tape would hold the plaster together and prevent it from going all over my clothes.  This version lasted about a week, and down it came again.  I moved the metal things over even more and put it up again.  A few nights ago it woke me up at 3am as it came crashing down, for the THIRD time!  Gah, this is getting annoying.  I rolled right back over and said to myself 'I'll deal with it tomorrow'.  Then I started to think about it.  My cardigans, the shirts that my mom irons for me because I refuse to, I don't want them to get ruined, sighhhhhh.  I got up and laid everything neatly on my floor until I could deal with my closet.


Fast forward a few days and all my clothes are STILL on my floor.  Whoops!  I've been busy and haven't had one free night to try and put my closet back together and truthfully, when I do have a free second, manual labor is the absolute last thing I want to do.  So, yea.  This is probably going to drive my mother crazy.  I'm going to try and get it done tonight, but am kind of dreading it.  What if it falls again?!  I may have to move.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy - I know you're your struggling with this. Looking at the picture DOES drive me crazy!!! YIKES!

    Maybe I need to come to the rescue ~ Yes??

    ReplyDelete