101 in 1001 Challenge

Monday, August 30, 2010

62. August 6th, 2010 Picture.

After work I headed to my moms house to hang out and eat some of her food, some things never ever change.  She wasn't home, but being completely self sufficient, minus my lack of food shopping skills, I started to look through the fridge for some dinner ideas.  I decided that I would make bacon and eggs.  How good does that sound?!  I love breakfast for dinner.  I grabbed the bacon and checked the date, but it said it expired in May, to which I immediately freaked out.  Turns out, my mom had just taken it out of the freezer, so it was totally fine, bummer.  I decided that I'd just make some scrambled eggs anyway, and went to take the cheese out of the bin.  I grabbed the bag at the top, by the little zipper part, and gave it a shake so I could see the expiration date.  I am big on dates.  Well, turns out that my mom had cut the bottom of the bag to open it, and I shook cheese ALL OVER the fridge.  It was ridiculous.  I had to empty the bin and pull the whole thing out so I could clean it.  Cheese was on the floor, in the door, everywhere.  Apparently, making dinner was naht going to be easy for me.

Once I cleaned up the mess I made, I got the eggs out without incident and started to scramble them.  I took what was left of the cheese and set up my little cooking station on the stove.  I seasoned my eggs with a little salt and attempted to add just a pinch of pepper.  Notice how I say attempted.  The second I picked up the shaker, pepper started POURING from the bottom.  I left a trail across the stove burners and a giagantic pile of it IN MY EGGS.  It took a few seconds to realize what was happened but before I could put my hand underneath the shaker, there was pepper everywhere.  I quickly rushed over to the sink and put the shaker on the counter.  What the hell just happened?!  I went to the stove to survey the damage, and of course, to take pictures.  I couldn't help but laugh at my cursed dinner attempt.  First the bacon, then the cheese, then the pepper.  I noticed that the stopper from the bottom the shaker was stuck to the counter, so it stayed put while I picked up the pepper.   I literally could not believe it.  I did my best to scoop the pepper out of my eggs, but there was so much.  I did manage to get enough out, and even added another egg to try and balance things out.  I decided to cook the eggs anyway, mainly because there were no eggs left and I was so irritated at this point I was determined to have eggs, no matter how spicy they were.  I cooked them up quickly, coughing up a storm because the pepper was tickling my throat, and ate them without issue.  They were actually pretty good.

When my mom got home I explained my issues to her and showed the pictures of the pepper damage.  She thought it was the funniest thing on the planet and burst into a fit of laughter that lasted 5 minutes.  It really was funny, I have to say that!




{The stopper stuck to the counter.}



{I was not joking when I said pepper went EVERYWHERE.  Those, are my eggs.  Seriously.}



{Last time I use that shaker!}

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

    I wonder what Ina would have done?!

    Can't say you didn't try Amy. That's not like you - that darn pepper shaker!!

    Glad to hear you ate the eggs, wherever they were hiding ~ and enjoyed them no less! XO

    ReplyDelete