101 in 1001 Challenge

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

62. July 29th, 2010 Picture.

July 29th was a warm, sunny Thursday, and I was headed to the beautiful town of Malden, or is it Medford, right on the Somerville line?  Oh I don't know what town it technically falls in, but I ventured to the Margarita's at Station Landing for my friend Amy's birthday party.  Okay, Ratty believes its Medford but I really thought it was Malden.  Whatever.  Anyway, Amy had reserved a small room in the back of the restaurant for all of her closest friends to drink sangria and margaritas and hang out.  Ratty was still on meds from his bout with the bubonic plague, so I was left to sip my red wine sangria alone.  With 20 of 'other' Amy D's friends.

About an hour in I was starved and was about to eat my hand, so Ratty and I ordered some food for dinner.  It was pretty decent Mexican, I had tacos while Ratty ordered what I think was a heart attack sample platter with extra cheese and a side of refried beans.  Legit.  The party started winding down and Ratty and I went to settle up the check.  When the waitress brought our receipts to be signed, she also brought out some fortune cookies.  Hm, is there some sort of cultural overlap that I am somehow missing?  Like, when did Mexico start offering a side of fortune cookies with their rice?  Long story short, I was confused, but you can only imagine how much MORE confused I was when I looked at my cookie package.


So, I got 3 cookies total, and two were in the same package.  So weird, right?  

DISCLAIMER:  I know I am about a month behind on this blogging thing, and I promise to catch up, just a few more rainy days and I'll be back on track.  I mean, who doesn't want summer to last forever, and at least this way, we can relive the few weeks of summer while fall is setting in.  Sounds kinda perfect if you ask me.  Tangent aside, it's been so long that I had no idea what this picture actually was.  It looks like a Mexican restaurant, but there are mutant fortune cookies.  Where the heck was I?! I have a running list of all my pictures matched up with the dates, so that I don't get confused, but for some reason didn't have anything listed for the 29th.  I had to literally go through my debit card transactions to figure out exactly where I was that night.  And who says I'm not dedicated?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I was wondering how you were keeping track! I am just glad you are still doing it even though you are behind! It would stress me out!

    I LOVE fortune cookies sans the chinese food, Mexicano food, and Sangria...So I would say must have ben a pretty good night, how the H could you have forgot about this!!

    ReplyDelete